Ocean Jackets are an abundant resource in Australia, primarily being caught off the Great Australian Bight in South Australia. They are also referred to as Leatherjackets due to their rough leather type skin and the Chinaman Leatherjacket.
Ocean jackets are 1 of the most underappreciated fish in our sea with its moist texture and unique aroma,
Also, being referred to the chicken of the sea due to it abundance and taste similarities it’s no wonder it has such a high demand throughout the world and especially Asia.
We currently can process and export a 40ft container every 6 weeks
Although an abundant supply is available, all fish that fall under the South Australian fishing authority are monitored to ensure they are not overfished to ensure the stainability for future generations.
- Nelusetta ayraudi
- Fresh or Frozen
- Headless, gutted, skin on/off
- Caught by trap or trawl fishing vessels
- Grading: under 100g,100-200g, 200-300g, 300g-500g, 500g-700g
- Frozen weight 10kg packing – cardboard carton
- Frozen – air or sea freight